Do I Need to Bring My Car in for Service or Repairs?
You rely on your vehicle day-in and day-out, and it's key that it's always in proper working condition. It's imperative that you keep your vehicle maintained at all times so it consistently performs at its best. Plus, a well-maintained car will ensure your safety on the road. Here at the Kahlig Auto Group, we know that servicing your vehicle can be a large undertaking, which is why we're happy to help! Whether you purchased a new Toyota, Lexus, Jeep or other make from one of our dealerships, you're welcome to return to us at any point for expert service and care. Simply schedule an appointment at your choice of service center in San Antonio, TX">, and we'll make you a top priority.
So that you know when it's necessary to make an appointment, we've put together a list of frequently asked questions about car maintenance. Check out our list below, and get in touch if a question you have isn't answered here. We always love hearing from our valued customers and helping them protect their vehicles for years to come.
How Often Do I Need an Oil Change?
No matter if you're driving a Ford, Lincoln, Volkswagen, Subaru or any of the other fantastic brands we have at the Kahlig Auto Group, you know your car will require routine oil changes at set intervals. The only question is how often does your specific model need an oil change. The best way to know for sure is to check your owner's manual for specific instructions. However, a good rule of thumb is to bring your car in for an oil change every 5,000 miles.
How to Tell If Your Car Needs an Oil Change:
• You smell burning oil when driving.
• When you take a look under the hood, your engine's oil level is low.
• The oil is dark in color.
• The oil change indicator light is on in your dash.
What Are Some Signs that My Car Needs Brake Service?
• The most important indicator that you need brake service is the light in your dash.
If the brake service indicator light is on, bring your car to us right away.
• You can feel the brake pedal vibrating when pressure is applied.
• You can hear a screeching, grinding or squealing noise coming from the brakes.
• Your vehicle is pulling to either the left or right when you start to brake.
• You're having issues bringing your car to a full stop or even slowing it down.
How Do I Know If My Car Needs New Tires?
• Your vehicle is pulling to either the left or right when you're attempting to drive on a straight road.
• You can tell upon inspection that your tires are worn down from excessive use.
• Your car is vibrating when moving at highway speeds.
• You're having difficulty stopping your vehicle, or you feel the car slipping when you try.
• You can see bubbles, bulges or indentations in the tires.
If you notice any of the issues above in your vehicle, stop by one of our car dealerships in San Antonio, TX. All of our service centers have certified technicians and top-notch equipment, so you can be sure you're getting the most for your money. We'll fix your car up in no time and have you back on the road before you know it! Schedule a service appointment with a Kahlig Auto Group dealership today.